The Whitaker Music Festival returns to the Missouri Botanical Garden | Art Stories and Interviews | St. Louis | St. Louis News and Events
One of St. Louis’ favorite summer concert series returns next week.
Just like sledding down Art Hill or picking up Ted Drewes after a Cardinals game, going to the Whitaker Music Festival at Missouri Botanical Garden (4344 Shaw Avenue, MissouriBotanicalGarden.org) is a St. Louis tradition.
Held on the lush garden grounds, attendees are encouraged to bring a blanket and relax while listening to the best music St. Louis has to offer. Picnics are allowed during the festival, so most attendees spend the night there and prepare a basket full of snacks and alcohol.
However, glass bottles are not allowed inside, so you will need to bring a box of wine instead. That’s cool, because then you’ll have more to share with your neighbors.
Engaging with your community is the whole point of the experience, anyway.
From the Missouri Botanical Garden website:
“The festival is funded by the Whitaker Foundation, which supports the arts and parks of St. Louis to promote shared heritage, celebrate diversity, and encourage vitality within the community.”
The concerts are free but registration is required. No movement will be allowed.
2022 Whitaker Music Festival Schedule:
- June 1 – Jeremiah Johnson Band – Exhausted
- June 8 – Karen Choi – Free reservations available June 2
- June 15 – Awakening of Old Souls – Free reservations available June 9
- June 22 – Annie and the fur trappers – Free reservations available June 16
- June 29 – Arcadia Dance Orchestra – Free reservations available June 23
- July 6 – We Are Root Mod – Free reservations available June 30
- July 13 – Honey and toothaches – Free reservations available July 7
- July 20 – Mo Egeston All-Stars – Free reservations available July 14
- July 27 – The Soulard Blues Band – Free reservations available July 21
- August 3 – Former Salt Union – Free reservations available July 28